Sunday, October 4, 2009

What a Crazy Week!



Well since Professor Simpson was in Georgia for a few days, our Monday class was cancelled but we still had an assignment that we had to complete. The class was divided up into groups and one member of the group was assigned to be the "group leader". The leader ran the class discussion for the day and had to post various questions about the reading and youtube clips that we had to read and watch previously coming into the discussion board. I though it was a great way for us to interact by not being in the classroom. It was nice to see what everyone else had to say about each question that I maybe hadn't though about when I was answering them myself, which allowed me to have different perspectives on the topics that were being discussed. We then had to follow up by doing a journal entry on another youtube clip and then a dramatic poetry quiz. Another one of the assignments for the week was to submit a piece of work to the National Writing Day Gallery. I chose to submit an essay I worte last year that was very personal to me because it was about September 11. It was a really hard essay for me to write because it affected so many of my friends and family. But it was something that I really wanted to share to the public. I though this was a great way for us students to express a piece of work that we were able to choose and write about instead of being given a topic and being forced to write about it. But the biggest accomplishment of all was I had FINALLY finish my first paper! I was so proud of myself even though I pretty much changed the whole format of it. But I didn't even care because I knew it was so much better than the first draft (thankfully). I was actually excited to submit this because I had more confidence that I had done a better job on it. =)))))))
Work Cited
Web. 6 Oct. 2009. http://preparednesspro.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/the-next-9-11.jpg.

1 comment:

  1. You should be proud of yourself for what you have accomplished so far in these few weeks. you did a much better job on your second draft.

    ReplyDelete